Various certificates can be request by the convenience store issuance service, by postal mail and by office, details as follow.


By Convenience Store Issuance Service (Japanese only)

Kyoto University started a Convenience Store Issuance service, however, the instructions (homepage, the machine in a store) and the certificates are in Japanese only,  please check details and apply [ here].
* Available types of certificate and the target users:  please check the list  [ here]
* Issuance at the convenience store requires a fee

By Post

    1. Please print out the request form from here [Request Form (PDF)], and fill out the necessary information on it.
    2. Please enclose a self-addressed return envelope with a necessary amount of postal stamp on, the request form and a copy of your ID, and send them to the Office of Student Affairs Graduate School of Medicine. Please write [Request for Certificate] in red on the front of the sending envelope.
    3. Please make sure that you put the necessary amount of Japanese postal stamp for the weight for the numbers of a certificate on the return envelope.
      Note: if you request a certificate from overseas, an international reply coupon (IRC) may be used instead of Japanese stamps. (IRC is equivalent to nearly 130yen Japanese stamp)
    4. Regular certifications in Japanese will be posted in 2 days (Except for holidays and office closing day) after received a request form and regular certifications in English will be posted in one week (Except for holidays and office closing day) after received.

List of countries and territories selling IRC.

        •    * If IRCs are not available in your country,  you may ask someone in Japan to make the request on your behalf. In that case, please send your signed consent letter which describing the name of proxy along with other documents.

– The above table is to estimate the return postages with using JAS standard size craft envelope affixed 1 or 2 stamps on. If you use the different size/weight envelope or put many stamps on it, please check the price at the post office before sending. A letter of certificate/sheet weights about 5 grams.
– If you would like your certificate “sealed into the envelope”, the estimate on the above table is for one sheet in one envelope (folded the bottom twice into the long size envelope and sealed with dean’s signature). The weight of English version certificate using western No.4 size envelope will be heavier than Japanese sealed certificate.
– Express mail: Add JPY 290 (up to 250g) to the normal postage.
– Registered mail: Add JPY 320 (up to 250g) to the normal postage.
– In case of the shortage of postage, we will not send the certificates in principle, please make sure to calculate the necessary postage before sending.


In Person

You will be given the request form to fill in and asked to submit at the reception counter in the Office of Student Affairs Graduate School of Medicine.

Certificates cannot be issued on the same day. Regular certifications in Japanese will be issued in 2 days (Except for holidays), and regular certifications in English will be issued in a week (Except for holidays). You can either come back to pick up or ask for sending by post.

Please bring your ID to receive the certificate. If you would like to ask for sending it by post, please bring the self-addressed and stamped envelope when you apply.

If someone on behalf of you comes and picks up your certificate due to inevitable reasons, please let the person bring the letter of proxy with your signature written by yourself and his/her ID.


  1. We cannot accept the request by telephone, FAX or Email.
  2. There is no handing fee to charge for issuing the certificate.
  3. Current Students (Both regular and non-regular Students) can issue the certificates using Certificate Issuing Machines located on campus. (There is the one on 1st floor, Building C on the faculty of medicine campus) To log in to your personal information, Student ID card and ECS-ID & Password are required.

Certificate Issuing Machines

Service Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 – 18:00

★List of Certificates available from Issuing Machine★

[Regular Student]
  1. Certificate of enrollment (Japanese / English)
  2. Academic transcript (Japanese)
  3. Certificate of expected graduation (Japanese only) *only for the final-year student.
  4. Certificate of expected completion (Japanese only)*only for the final year of master’s program/professional degree program student.
  5. JR Student Discount/ Gakuwarisho (Japanese only)
  6. Health Result Certificate (Japanese only)
[Non-Regular Student]
  1. Certificate of Current Enrollment (Japanese and English)
  2. Health Result Certificate (Japanese only)
  • If the certificate has to be sealed with envelope, please bring the printed certificates and ask at the office.


Student Visa Extension or change of  status Procedure

please check the link


Inquiries & Send a request to:

The Office of Student Affairs, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University
Adress: Yoshida Konoe-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501
E-mail :060kyoumu(at) mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp


Request for Certificate of Degree Conferment (Master’s, Professional and Doctoral degrees)

Please refer the university website for details: http://www.kyoto-u.ac.jp/en/education-campus/campus/procedures/certificate.html