Development of new medicine toward neurodegenerative diseases based on pathomechanistic insight explored by iPS cell technology.
Research and Education
Molecular-biological analyses are advancing our understanding of intractable neurodegenerative diseases including amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), but radical care is still to be established. This laboratory aim to perform basic scientific research with the perspective of translating these findings into developing methods of treatment and/or prevention of these diseases based on iPS cell technology.
iPS cells derived from an ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) patient
Inclusion body in ALS spinal motor neuron
(Credit: Dr. Hidefumi Ito, Department of Neurology,
Wakayama Medical University)
- Imamura K, Yada Y, Izumi Y, Morita M, Kawata A, Arisato T, Nagahashi A, Enami T, Tsukita K , Kawakami H, Nakagawa M, Takahashi R, Inoue H. Prediction Model of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis by Deep Learning with Patient Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells. Annals of Neurology, 2021.
- Kondo T, Imamura K, Funayama M, Tsukita K, Miyake M, Ohta A, Woltjen K, Nakagawa M, Asada T, Arai T, Kawakatsu S, Izumi Y, Kaji R, Iwata N, Inoue H. iPSC-Based Compound Screening and In Vitro Trials Identify a Synergistic Anti-amyloid β Combination for Alzheimer’s Disease. Cell Reports 21(8):2304-2312, 2017.
- Imamura K, Izumi Y, Watanabe A, Tsukita K, Woltjen K, Yamamoto T, Hotta A, Kondo T, Kitaoka S, Ohta A, Tanaka A, Watanabe D, Morita M, Takuma H, Tamaoka A, Kunath T, Wray S, Furuya H, Era T, Makioka K, Okamoto K, Fujisawa T, Nishitoh H, Homma K, Ichijo H, Julien JP, Obata N, Masato H, Akiyama H, Kaneko S, Ayaki T, Ito H, Kaji R, Takahashi R, Yamanaka S, Inoue H. The Src/c-Abl pathway is a potential therapeutic target in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Science Translational Medicine Vol. 9 Issue 391, 2017.
- Shi Y*, Inoue H*, Wu J, Yamanaka S. Induced pluripotent stem cell technology: a decade of progress. Nature Reviews Drug Discovery 16:115-130, 2017.
- Kondo T, Funayama M, Tsukita K, Hotta A, Yasuda A, Nori S, Kaneko S, Nakamura M, Takahashi R, Okano H, Yamanaka S, Inoue H. Focal transplantation of human iPSC-derived glial-rich neural progenitors improves lifespan of ALS mice. Stem Cell Reports 3:1-8, 2014.
LaboratoryProfessor: Haruhisa Inoue
TEL: +81-75-366-7036 FAX:+81-75-366-7094