Developing and creating new medical care is one of our major missions. The Department of Medical Development collaborates with internal departments and external institutions to support researchers developing new drugs, medical devices, regenerative medicine, and diagnostic agents based on the basic research results and knowledge found in medical care. We comprehensively support researchers by planning development strategy for practical application, including product specialization / differentiation, patent acquisition, corporate collaboration and regulation.
Research and EducationResearch
Regulatory science research on medicines, medical devices, regenerative medicine products, etc.
We give lectures on pharmaceutical affairs, non-clinical development, biomarkers, etc in the graduate school course “Clinical Research”. We also give lectures on Intellectual Property Management Course in Graduate School of Medicine Department of Social Health Medicine. In addition, we hold many meetings related to medical development, such as the Medical Development Department seminars and IHK exchange meetings, to provide researchers and students with the latest information on medical products development.
- Pascal Baltzer, Ritse M Mann, Mami Iima, Eric E Sigmund, Paola Clauser, Fiona J Gilbert, Laura Martincich, Savannah C Partridge, Andrew Patterson, Katja Pinker, Fabienne Thibault, Julia Camps-Herrero, Denis Le Bihan
Diffusion-weighted imaging of the breast-a consensus and mission statement from the EUSOBI International Breast Diffusion-Weighted Imaging working group. European radiology, 30, 3, 1436-1450, 2020
- Eriko Sumi, Ryuta Asada, Ying Lu, Toshiko Ito-Ihara, Kevin V Grimes
A qualitative study on the differences between trial populations and the approved therapeutic indications of antineoplastic agents by 3 regulatory agencies from 2010 to 2018 Clinical Therapeutics, Feb;42(2):305-320.e0. 2020
- Hanako Ohashi Ikeda, Yuki Muraoka, Masayuki Hata, Eriko Sumi, Takafumi Ikeda, Takayuki Nakagawa, Hiroyasu Abe, Harue Tada, Satoshi Morita, Akira Kakizuka, Nagahisa Yoshimura, Akitaka Tsujikawa
Safety and effectiveness of a novel neuroprotectant, KUS121, in patients with non-arteritic central retinal artery occlusion: An open-label, non-randomized, first-in-humans, phase 1/2 trial. PloS one, 15, 2, e0229068, 2020
- Sumi E, Nomura T, Asada R, Uozumi R, Tada H, Amino Y, Sawada T, Yonezawa A, Hagiwara M, Kabashima K
Safety and Plasma Concentrations of a Cyclin-dependent Kinase 9 (CDK9) Inhibitor, FIT039, Administered by a Single Adhesive Skin Patch Applied on Normal Skin and Cutaneous Warts. Clinical drug investigation, 39, 1, 55-61, 2018
- Ito T, Tallents G, McKervey L, Davies R, Brooke A, Bisset J, Harley J, Whitman B
A case study comparing research integrity, governance and ethics frameworks to facilitate collaboration between Bristol and Kyoto University Clinical Ethics, 12(4) : 205–216, 2017
Experimental TherapeuticsKyoto University Hospital
Institute for Advancement of Clinical and Translational Science(iACT)
Department of Medical Development
Director, Professor: Tsuyoshi Ogiku, Ph.D.
Associate Professor: Eriko Sumi, M.D.,Ph.D.
Junior Associate Professor: Tatsuya Ito,Ph.D, Takafumi Ikeda,Ph.D, Kayo Hattori
Assistant Professor: Eri Hara,Ph.D, Mami Iima, M.D.,Ph.D.