Professor Junko Takita
The most important thing in the Pediatrics is “development”. A number of pediatric diseases are derived from the disorders during developmental process. Therefore, investigations on them should lead to the exploitation of new diagnosis and treatment for intractable diseases. By imposing close relationship between clinic and laboratory on our research, we would like to apply our outcomes obtained from clinic and laboratory to children with intractable diseases.
Research and EducationAs a clinical department, further developing translational research is the most important mission in order to provide optimized and high-quality medicine for patients. Therefore, to elucidate molecular mechanisms and develop new therapeutic strategies of intractable pediatric diseases, we currently perform multi-omics analysis using genetic and epigenetic approaches. In addition, we also apply human iPS cell technology to get a better understanding of etiologies of congenital diseases and establish regenerative medicine for patients with intractable diseases. Our research projects are aiming to contribute to the development of pediatric research as well as life science. We will continue to foster and inspire excellent physician scientists who devote their professional effort seeking new knowledge about basic research to care patients.
- Honda Y, Maeda Y, Izawa K, Shiba T, Tanaka T, Nakaseko H, Nishimura K, Mukoyama H, Isa-Nishitani M, Miyamoto T, Nihira H, Shibata H, Hiejima E, Ohara O, Takita J, Yasumi T, Nishikomori R.Rapid Flow Cytometry-Based Assay for the Functional Classification of MEFV Variants. J Clin Immunol. 2021 Mar 17. doi: 10.1007/s10875-021-01021-7.
- Nihira H, Izawa K, Ito M, Umebayashi H, Okano T, Kajikawa S, Nanishi E, Keino D, Murakami K, Isa-Nishitani M, Shiba T, Honda Y, Hijikata A, Yasu T, Kubota T, Hasegawa Y, Kawashima Y, Nakano N, Takada H, Ohga S, Heike T, Takita J, Ohara O, Takei S, Takahashi M, Kanegane H, Morio T, Iwaki-Egawa S, Sasahara Y, Nishikomori R, Yasumi T.Detailed analysis of Japanese patients with adenosine deaminase 2 deficiency reveals characteristic elevation of type II interferon signature and STAT1 hyperactivation. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2021 Jan 30:S0091-6749(21)00157-3. doi: 10.1016/j.jaci.2021.01.018.
- Ueno H, Yoshida K, Shiozawa Y, Nannya Y, Iijima-Yamashita Y, Kiyokawa N, Shiraishi Y, Chiba K, Tanaka H, Isobe T, Seki M, Kimura S, Makishima H, Nakagawa MM, Kakiuchi N, Kataoka K, Yoshizato T, Nishijima D, Deguchi T, Ohki K, Sato A, Takahashi H, Hashii Y, Tokimasa S, Hara J, Kosaka Y, Kato K, Inukai T, Takita J, Imamura T, Miyano S, Manabe A, Horibe K, Ogawa S, Sanada M.Landscape of driver mutations and their clinical impacts in pediatric B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Blood Adv. 2020 Oct 27;4(20):5165-5173. doi: 10.1182/bloodadvances.2019001307.
- Tomotaki S, Araki R, Motokura K, Tomobe Y, Yamauchi T, Hanaoka S, Tomotaki H, Iwanaga K, Niwa F, Takita J, Kawai M.Effects of passage through the digestive tract on incretin secretion: Before and after birth.J Diabetes Investig. 2020 Oct 23. doi: 10.1111/jdi.13447.
- Hamabata T, Umeda K, Kouzuki K, Tanaka T, Daifu T, Nodomi S, Saida S, Kato I, Baba S, Hiramatsu H, Osawa M, Niwa A, Saito MK, Kamikubo Y, Adachi S, Hashii Y, Shimada A, Watanabe H, Osafune K, Okita K, Nakahata T, Watanabe K, Takita J, Heike T. Pluripotent stem cell model of Shwachman-Diamond syndrome reveals apoptotic predisposition of hemoangiogenic progenitors. Sci Rep. 2020 Sep 9;10(1):14859. doi: 10.1038/s41598-020-71844-8.
PediatricsProfessor: Junko Takita
Associate Professor: Masahiko Kawai, Takahiro Yasumi
Senioir Lecture: Hidefumi Hiramatsu, Katsutsugu Umeda
Assistant Professor:Siro Baba, Takuya Hirata, Atsushi Yokoyama, Kazushi Izawa, Kogoro Iwanaga, Itaru Kato, Takeshi Yoshida, Satoshi Saida,Seiichi Tomotaki, Takenori Suga