Takeshi Kimura, M.D., Ph.D., Professor
The department of Cardiovascular Medicine at Kyoto University aims to elucidate cause of the cardiovascular diseases and its therapeutic measures by assessing both basic and clinical research approaches. We encourage young doctors to become well-balanced clinicians who focus not only on medical treatments but also on research and development of the disease prevention. Students and doctors are also encouraged and being trained to take an active role at global level. We strive to make high contributions in the area of cardiovascular medicine within Japan.
Research and Education■Basic Research
・Our research groups conduct leading and innovative researches in the field of cardiovascular medicine based on a thorough understanding of the molecular biology, physiology, and molecular genetics. We keep in close contact with the clinical research groups at our department since both clinical and basic researches are essential for the progress of the cardiovascular medicine.
・We seek to expand the possibilities of our own researches. A participation of young researchers or those from different area of studies deepen and widen our researches, and we welcome new colleagues who are interested in our research.
・We aim to elucidate the pathophysiology of cardiovascular diseases and to develop diagnosis methods and therapeutic strategies. We also perform translational research with wide clinical application.
・Members of our department continue to contribute evidence-based health care through clinical researches and education in the fields of cardiovascular medicine. We constantly conduct numbers of clinical studies including multicenter randomized controlled trials in collaboration with major hospitals in Japan. The majority of research target include ischemic heart disease, heart failure, arrhythmia, peripheral artery disease, aortic disease, hypertension, and cardiac rehabilitation.
For further details, please visit our web site at : ＜http://kyoto-u-cardio.jp/＞
- Watanabe H, Domei T, Morimoto T, Natsuaki M, Shiomi H, Toyota T, Ohya M, Suwa S, Takagi K, Nanasato M, Hata Y, Yagi M, Suematsu N, Yokomatsu T, Takamisawa I, Doi M, Noda T, Okayama H, Seino Y, Tada T, Sakamoto H, Hibi K, Abe M, Kawai K, Nakao K, Ando K, Tanabe K, Ikari Y, Igarashi-Hanaoka K, Morino Y, Kozuma K, Kadota K, Furukawa Y, Nakagawa Y, Kimura K, STOPDAPT-2 Investigators. Effect of 1-Month Dual Antiplatelet Therapy Followed by Clopidogrel vs 12-Month Dual Antiplatelet Therapy on Cardiovascular and Bleeding Events in Patients Receiving PCI: The STOPDAPT-2 Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2019 Jun 25;321(24):2414-2427. doi: 10.1001/jama.2019.8145.
- Matsumura-Nakano Y, Shizuta S, Komasa A, Morimoto T, Masuda H, Shiomi H, Goto K, Nakai K, Ogawa H, Kobori A, Kono Y, Kaitani K, Suwa S, Aoyama T, Takahashi M, Sasaki Y, Onishi Y, Mano T, Matsuda M, Motooka M, Tomita H, Inoko M, Wakeyama T, Hagiwara N, Tanabe K, Akao M, Miyauchi K, Yajima J, Hanaoka K, Morino Y, Ando K, Furukawa Y, Nakagawa Y, Nakao K, Kozuma K, Kadota K, Kimura K, Kawai K, Ueno T, Okumura K, Kimura T. An Open-Label Randomized Trial Comparing Oral Anticoagulation with and without Single Antiplatelet Therapy in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation and Stable Coronary Artery Disease Beyond One Year after Coronary Stent Implantation: The OAC-ALONE Study. 2018 Sep 24.
- Taniguchi T, Morimoto T, Shiomi H, Ando K, Kanamori N, Murata K, Kitai T, Kadota K, Izumi C, Nakatsuma K, Sasa T, Watanabe H, Kuwabara Y, Makiyama T, Ono K, Shizuta S, Kato T, Saito N, Minatoya K, Kimura T; CURRENT AS Registry Investigators. Prognostic Impact of Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction in Patients With Severe Aortic Stenosis. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2017 Dec 18. pii: S1936-8798(17)31797-1.
- Taniguchi T, Morimoto T, Shiomi H, Ando K, Kanamori N, Murata K, Kitai T, Kawase Y, Izumi C, Miyake M, Mitsuoka H, Kato M, Hirano Y, Matsuda S, Inada T, Nagao K, Murakami T, Takeuchi Y, Yamane K, Toyofuku M, Ishii M, Minamino-Muta E, Kato T, Inoko M, Ikeda T, Komasa A, Ishii K, Hotta K, Higashitani N, Kato Y, Inuzuka Y, Maeda C, Jinnai T, Morikami Y, Saito N, Minatoya K, Kimura T; CURRENT AS Registry Investigators. High- Versus Low-Gradient Severe Aortic Stenosis: Demographics, Clinical Outcomes, and Effects of the Initial Aortic Valve Replacement Strategy on Long-Term Prognosis. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2017 May;10(5). pii: e004796.
- Shiomi H, Morimoto T, Kitaguchi S, Nakagawa Y, Ishii K, Haruna Y, Takamisawa I, Motooka M, Nakao K, Matsuda S, Mimoto S, Aoyama Y, Takeda T, Murata K, Akao M, Inada T, Eizawa H, Hyakuna E, Awano K, Shirotani M, Furukawa Y, Kadota K, Miyauchi K, Tanaka M, Noguchi Y, Nakamura S, Yasuda S, Miyazaki S, Daida H, Kimura K, Ikari Y, Hirayama H, Sumiyoshi T, Kimura T; ReACT Investigators. The ReACT Trial: Randomized Evaluation of Routine Follow-up Coronary Angiography After Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Trial. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2017 Jan 23;10(2):109-117.
Cardiovascular Medicine【Staff Members】
Associate Processor：Koh Ono
Senior Lecturer：Satoshi Shizuta, Noboru Ashida
Senior Lecturer (Hospital)：Naritatsu Saito
Assistant Professor：Yasuaki Nakagawa, Neiko Ozasa, Takahiro Horie, Junichi Tazaki, Hiroki Shiomi
Assistant Professor (Hospital)：Shin Watanabe, Hirotoshi Watanabe
Assistant Professor (Hospital – Clinical Laboratory)：Eri Kato
Associate Professor：Hideyuki Kinoshita
Senior Lecturer：Takeru Makiyama
Senior Lecturer：Takao Kato
Senior Lecturer：Yasuhiro Nakashima, Osamu Baba