Chikako Saotome, Ph.D.Professor
Creation of an innovative medicines and a medical devices originated in Japan is demanded for improvement of Japanese economic competitiveness and human health. Transfer of universities’ basic research results to business is important for realization of medical-innovation. We are pioneer of management of technology in life science in Japan and aims to foster managers of intellectual property for promote technology transfer.
Research and EducationThe knowledge of medical science, intellectual property low and business in life science is required for discovery and management of intellectual property. Lectures about medical science are given from Kyoto university medical school. The department gives students basic knowledge and practice about intellectual property lows, especially patent low. We also give lectures about life science industry such as management of technology and entrepreneurship.
Our themes for research in the second semester are management of technology and intellectual property in the life sciences. So far, we conducted research about technology transfer such as collaborative research and patent strategy. We also conducted management of intellectual property of medicine, medical device and regenerative medicine, and bio-business such as biotech companies.
Activation and Problems of Intellectual Creation CycleEntrepreneurship Exercise
Special Lecture for Entrepreneurship
- Yuh-Lin Chung, Saotome Chikako, “Investigation on patent applications of Biosimilars ” Intellectual Property Association of Japan, 2016
- Chikako Saotome, “Importance of patent strategies on Business of Biotech Companies” LES Japan News, Vol.58, 46-54 (2017)
- Chikako Saotome “Exit strategy of institutional collaboration between academia and industry ~case of AK project~” Japan Society for Research Policy and Innovation Management, 2018
- Chikako Saotome “Alliance strategy of US biopharmaceutical companies” Intellectual Property Association of Japan, 2018
- Chikako Saotome “Investigation on patent applications of US biopharmaceutical companies” Intellectual Property Association of Japan, 2019
Management of Technology and Intellectual PropertyYutaka Teranishi Professor（Special Appointment）
Chikako Saotome Professor
Shinobu Suzuki Professor
Seiji Abe Professor（Special Appointment）
Taro Yamaguchi Lecturer