Exercise is one of the most important factors for ensuring good health, in addition to nutrition, sleep, mental tranquillity, and life balance. Each factor is correlated with and influenced by the others. Good health requires more than just attention to the musculoskeletal system; it requires a multidirectional approach to be effective. From this standpoint, we aim to address health issues about health by identifying the best resources.
Research and EducationWe seek insights in scope from the macroscopic to the microscopic. However, before we can develop the most effective interventions, we must first develop an evaluation system. For this reason, we are incubating many research themes.
# Rehabilitation for cancer survivors
# Sports health
# Women’s health
# Industrial health
# Development of devices
# Health promotion for middle age
Our training on problem solving focuses on developing the abilities to identify the problem; understand the problem-solving procedure, measurement, and analysis; and evaluate the results. For each level of study —whether bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral level courses—the human resource is most developed in those who have planning, active, penetrating, clinical, and comprehensive abilities.
- 1. Iijima H, Isho T, Kuroki H, Takahashi M, Aoyama T. Effectiveness of mesenchymal stem cells for treating patients with knee osteoarthritis: a meta-analysis toward the establishment of effective regenerative rehabilitation. NPJ Regen Med. 2018 Sep 17; 3:15. doi: 10.1038/s41536-018-0041-8. eCollection 2018. Review.
- 2. Suzuki Y, Iijima H, Tashiro Y, Kajiwara Y, Zeidan H, Shimoura K, Nishida Y, Bito T, Nakai K, Tatsumi M, Yoshimi S, Tsuboyama T, Aoyama T. Home exercise therapy to improve muscle strength and joint flexibility effectively treats pre-radiographic knee OA in community-dwelling elderly: a randomized controlled trial. Clin Rheumatol. 2018 Aug 30. doi: 10.1007/s10067-018-4263-3.
- 3. Ji X, Morino S, Iijima H, Ishihara M, Kawagoe M, Umezaki F, Hatanaka Y, Yamashita M, Tsuboyama T, Aoyama T. The association of variations in hip and pelvic geometry with pregnancy-related sacroiliac joint pain based on a longitudinal analysis. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2018 Jul 3. doi:10.1097/BRS.0000000000002774.
- 4. Adachi D, Nishiguchi S, Fukutani N, Hotta T, Tashiro Y, Morino S, Shirooka H, Nozaki Y, Hirata H, Yamaguchi M, Yorozu A, Takahashi M, Aoyama T. Generating linear regression model to predict motor functions by use of laser range finder during TUG. J Orthop Sci. 2017 May;22(3):549-553. doi: 10.1016/j.jos.2017.01.020.
- 5. Tashiro Y, Hasegawa S, Yokota Y, Nishiguchi S, Fukutani N, Shirooka H, Tasaka S, Matsushita T, Matsubara K, Nakayama Y, Sonoda T, Tsuboyama T, Aoyama T. Effect of capacitive and resistive electric transfer on haemoglobin saturation and tissue temperature. Int J Hyperthermia. 2017 Sep;33(6):696-702.