Akitoshi Seiyama, Ph.D. Professor
We are developing new technologies to visualize biophysical and physiological functions inside the living body, especially to visualize human brain function. Further, we aim to reveal mechanisms of such individual bio-phenomena through animal experiments.
Research and EducationWe are developing new technologies to visualize biophysical and physiological functions inside the living body. In vivo molecular imaging, an important technique in the post-genome strategy, has the potential to visualize the dynamics of individual bio-phenomena processes in cells, organs as well as in the living body. We aim to reveal mechanisms of such individual bio-phenomena in the living body through bio-imaging using MRI, Near-IR optical imaging and electrophysiological techniques.
- Hori S, Mori K, Mashimo T, Seiyama A. Effects of Light and Sound on the Prefrontal Cortex Activation and Emotional Function: A Functional Near-Infrared Spectroscopy Study. Front Neurosci. 11: 321, 2017.
- Ooi Y, Inui-Yamamoto C, Yoshioka Y, Seiyama A, Seki J. 11.7 T MR Imaging Revealed Dilatation of Virchow-Robin Spaces within Hippocampus in Maternally Lipopolysaccharide-exposed Rats. Magn Reson Med Sci. 16(1): 54-60, 2017.
- Sato K, Yamashita K, Goshima M, Kuroda T, Kinosada Y, Seiyama A. An Analysis of the Factor Model on the Workload of Nursing Staff Using a Hospital Management Tool. Stud Health Technol Inform. 225: 58-62, 2016.
- Seiyama A, Higaki K, Takeuchi N, Uehara M, Takayama N. Estimation of Skin Blood Flow Artefacts in NIRS Signals During a Verbal Fluency Task. Adv Exp Med Biol. 876: 327-334, 2016.
- Ueshima C, Kataoka TR, Hirata M, Koyanagi I, Honda T, Tsuruyama T, Okayama Y, Seiyama A, Haga H. NKp46 regulates the production of serine proteases and IL-22 in human mast cells in urticaria pigmentosa. Exp Dermatol. 24(9): 675-9, 2015.
LaboratoryProfessor: Akitoshi Seiyama Ph.D.