Tomohiro Kuroda, Ph.D. Professor
Medical Informatics is an academic discipline studying the clinical activities and social medical systems as the series of creation, communication, transformation, accumulation, and utilization of information as well as seeking new information technology and knowledge to support medical effectiveness and efficacy.
We are expecting for prospective colleague with full of curiosity to illustrate the future of clinical medicine of the information age after the current storm of information revolution.
Research and EducationAlthough nobody performs any modern clinical medical activity without computational support, the current clinical system is still maladjusted to the Information Revolution. We tries to illustrate future of clinical medicine of the information age through research activities to implement information platforms for, to analyze clinical information of, and to provide feasible information support for the existing clinical fields including Kyoto University Hospital. Our research includes any innovative topics interfacing medicine and informatics, such as Clinical System Development (Ubiquitous Hospital Information Systems, Telemedicine Systems, Epidemiology Information Platforms), Clinical Data Analysis (Hospital Administration Management, Clinical Data Mining, Medical Image Processing), and Information Support Applications (Hospital Administration Simulation, Computer Aided Diagnosis, Clinical Decision Support, VR-based medical education).
We are teaching information fluency in the school of medicine, and advanced medical informatics for master and doctoral students including foreign visiting students at the graduate school of medicine as well as at the graduate school of informatics. The students will learn most important skills for medical informatician, that is solid basic skills, flexible thinking, and proper communication skills, through multi-national and multi-lateral collaborative research with variety of research institutes of medicine, informatics, and engineering at social field like hospitals and local communities.
Outpatient Navigation System
2015 Alumni Party
- Takeo Nakayama, Yuichi Imanaka, Yasushi Okuno, Genta Kato, Tomohiro Kuroda, Rei Goto, Shiro Tanaka, Hiroshi Tamura, Shunichi Fukuhara, Shingo Fukuma, Manabu Muto, Motoko Yanagita, Yosuke Yamamoto: Analysis of the Evidence-practice Gap to Facilitate Proper Medical Care for the Elderly: Investigation, using Databases, of Utilization Measures for National Database of Health Insurance Claims and Specific Health Checkups of Japan (NDB). Environmental Health and Preventive Medicine (2017/06/06) DOI: 10.1186/s12199-017-0644-5.
- Kana Eguchi, Masayuki Nambu, Kazuo Ueshima, Tomohiro Kuroda: Prototyping of Smart Wearable Socks for Periodic Limb Movement Home Monitoring System. Journal of Fiber Science and Technology, vol.73, no.11, pp.284-293 (2017/11/28) DOI: 10.2115/fiberst.2017-0043
- Shusuke Hiragi, Hiroyuki Yamada, Tatsuo Tsukamoto, Kazuki Yoshida, Naoya Kondo, Takeshi Matsubara, Motoko Yanagita, Hiroshi Tamura, Tomohiro Kuroda: Acetaminophen Administration and the Risk of Acute Kidney Injury: a Self-Controlled Case Series Study. Clinical Epidemiology, vol.10, pp.265-276 (2018/03/06) DOI: 10.2147/CLEP.S158110
- Kazuya Okamoto, Toshio Uchiyama, Tadamasa Takemura, Naoto Kume, Tomohiro Kuroda, Hiroyuki Yoshihara: Automatic Selection of Diagnosis Procedure Combination Codes Based on Partial Treatment Data Relative to the Number of Hospitalization Days. European Journal for Biomedical Informatics, vol.14, no.1, pp.34-40
- Tomohiro Kuroda, Haruo Noma, Kazuhiko Takase, Shigeto Sasaki, Tadamasa Takemura: Bluetooth Roaming for Sensor Network System in Clinical Environment. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, vol.216, pp.198-201 (2015/08/21)
Medical InformaticsProfessors： Tomohiro Kuroda, Masayuki Nambu, Hiroshi Tamura
Associate Professors ： Kazuya Okamoto, Genta Kato
Senior Lecturers ： Hiroshi Sasaki, Goshiro Yamamoto, Tetsuya Ohtsubo, Osamu Sugiyama
Assistant Professors ： Shusuke Hiragi, Shosuke Ohtera
Researcher ： Yuki Kuroda, Purnomo Husnul Khotimah
TEL ： +81-75-366-7701
FAX ： +81-75-366-7704
e-mail ： firstname.lastname@example.org
URL ： http://www.kuhp.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~mi/