Kaori Togashi, M.D., Ph.D. Professor
Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Nuclear Medicine has committed to teaching diagnostic radiology and nuclear medicine, and providing medical services for patients with a variety of disorders using various imaging modalities, such as CT, MRI, Ultrasound and Positron Emission Tomography. Interventional Radiology is also conducted for minimally-invasive therapy as well as diagnosis. Imaging plays an indispensable role in current medical practice, and our department is leading it by bringing imaging excellence not only into various departments in our institute, but also into the community with latest achievements of biomedical imaging.
Research and EducationOur research interests are (i) physical and mathematical investigations for development of the effective use of imaging modalities, (ii) establishment of new imaging methods and technologies for diagnosis and image-assisted minimally-invasive therapy, and (iii) basic medical researches using biomedical and pathological methods related to imaging. Our researches cover varieties of fields and modalities, and we collaborate with various departments of basic sciences, engineering and medical information. Although our main focus is on clinical problems, we also conduct experimental studies, such as molecular imaging that helps to understand hypoxia and other cancer-related conditions and development of a novel contrast material.
In education, we serve not only for residents who will be a radiologist, but for those who will not. An optional course for two months is provided to intensively learn diagnostic imaging, which is required in all medical fields. We also provide four-year programs to be a professional radiologist, who will practice in at least two institutions to learn variety of diagnostic examinations covering the whole body.
- Saga T, Nakamoto Y, Ishimori T, Inoue T, Shimizu Y, Kimura H, Akamatsu S, Goto T, Watanabe H, Kitaguchi K, Watanabe M, Ono M, Saji H, Ogawa O, Togashi K.Initial evaluation of PET/CT with (18) F-FSU-880 targeting prostate-specific membrane antigen in prostate cancer patients.Cancer Sci. 2019;110:742-750.
- Iima M, Kataoka M, Kanao S, Onishi N, Kawai M, Ohashi A, et al. Intravoxel Incoherent Motion and Quantitative Non-Gaussian Diffusion MR Imaging: Evaluation of the Diagnostic and Prognostic Value of Several Markers of Malignant and Benign Breast Lesions. Radiology. 2018;287:432-441.
- Akasaka T, Yakami M, Nishio M, Onoue K, Aoyama G, Nakagomi K, Iizuka Y, Kubo T, Emoto Y, Satoh K, Yamamoto H, Togashi K.Detection of suspected brain infarctions on CT can be significantly improved with temporal subtraction images. Eur Radiol. 2018 (in press)
- Okuchi S, Fushimi Y, Okada T, Yamamoto A, Okada T, Kikuchi T, Yoshida K, Miyamoto S, Togashi K. Visualization of carotid vessel wall and atherosclerotic plaque: T1-SPACE vs. compressed sensing T1-SPACE.Eur Radiol. 2018 (in press)
- Furuta A, Isoda H, Ohno T, Ono A, Yamashita R, Arizono S, Kido A, Sakashita N, Togashi K.Left Gastric Vein Visualization with Hepatopetal Flow Information in Healthy Subjects Using Non- Contrast-Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Angiography with Balanced Steady-State Free- Precession Sequence and Time-Spatial Labeling Inversion Pulse. Korean J Radiol. 2018;19:32-39.
Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Nuclear MedicineProfessor: Kaori Togashi
Associate Professor: Yuji Nakamoto
Senior Lecturer: Takayoshi Ishimori
Special Appointment Lecturer (Hospital): Akihiro Furuta
Assistant Professor: Aki Kido, Yasutaka Fushimi, Takeshi Kubo, Masako Kataoka, Shigeki Arizono
Program-Specific Assistant Professor: Tsuyoshi Ono, Satoshi Nakajima, Sho Koyasu, Hironori Shimizu, Takahide Kakigi, Hiroshi Tagawa