Admission to Graduate Programs
1. Before you applyThose who graduate or expect to graduate from university in a country other than Japan must follow the procedures prescribed below prior to application to the entrance examination to graduate programs in Medicine, Kyoto-McGill International Collaborative Program in Genomic Medicine, Medical Science, and Public Health, offered by Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University.
1. If you graduate or expect to graduate from a University or a Graduate School in a country other than Japan
2. Receive the result from AAO
If the result is Positive, proceed to 3 and contact a prospective supervisor.
3. Contact a professor of Research Fields (laboratory) you are interested in and obtain the prior approval of applying.
[List of Research Fields of Medicine and Medical Science, and Genomic Medicine]
[List of Research Fields of Public Health]
4. Request Preliminary Eligibility Check via Email
Fill in and submit Preliminary Eligibility Check Sheet via email, together with the PDF of ①certificate of graduation of university/graduate school, ②academic transcript, and ③document that shows the length of the program you completed (e.g. four years doctoral program; website URL is acceptable ).
Send to: kyoumu-in(*)mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp (Change * to @)
Email title: Preliminary Eligibility Check request (Name: 〇〇〇〇)
Items to be included:
(1) Your name
(2) Preferred entrance year and month: April, 20XX
The application period for Preliminary Eligibility Check for Entrance Examination (2020 intake) is as follows;
A. Master’s Program in Medical Sciences: April
B. Professional Degree Program in Public Health: April
C. Doctoral Program in Medicine: May 13, 2019 to August 6, 2019
D. Kyoto-McGill International Collaborative Program in Genomic Medicine (Doctoral Program): May 13, 2019 to August 6, 2019
E. Doctoral Program in Public Health: May 13, 2019 to August 6, 2019
F. Doctoral Program in Medical Science: May 13
We will send you the check result via email, approx. 2 or 3 weeks after the request.
Updated on May 15, 2019
Office of Student Affairs, Graduate School of medicine, Kyoto University
Yoshida Konoe-cho, Sakyoku, Kyoto 606-8501, Japan
The application for admission to our graduate program and application for scholarship are operated separately.
Refer to the following page for information on scholarship application.
2. Outlined Schedule for Admission
|-Master’s Program in Medical Science
-Professional Degree Program in Public Health
|-Doctoral Programs in Medicine
-Doctoral Program in Public Health
-Kyoto-McGill International Collaborative Program in Genomic Medicine (Joint Ph.D.)
|-Doctoral Programs in Medical Science*|
|Preliminary Eligibility Check request accepted from:||April 22
||May 13||October 1|
|Admission Guideline (English version) available from:
|Deadline for Preliminary Eligibility Check and Eligibility Screening:||mid June||early August||November|
|Application Period:||mid July||mid September||January|
|Admission Examination:||late August||early November||February|
|Admission Decisions:||mid September||late November||February|
|Enrollment Procedure Notification:||early March|
*Doctoral Programs in Medical Science is a continuous program of our Master’s Program in Medical Science, therefore there are very few vacancies for those who will transfer from other graduate schools.
3. Frequently Asked Questions and AnswersApplicants are recommended to confirm “Frequently Asked Questions and Answers” before they start their application procedures.
4. Admission Guidelines and Application Forms
|Programs||Entrance Year||Guideline and Forms|
|Doctoral Program in Medicine||April 2019||LINK|
Master’s Program in Medical Sciences
|Doctoral Program in Medical Science||April 2019||LIN|
|Kyoto-McGill International Collaborative Program in Genomic Medicine (Doctoral Program)||April 2019||LINK|
|Professional Degree Program in Public Health
Updated on May 15, 2019
|Doctoral Program in Public Health||April 2019||LINK|
5. Past Written ExamsRefer to the Japanese page.
6. Announcement of Application ResultsRefer to the Japanese page.
7. Enrollment Information
|Guide for International Students(For successful candidates)||This guide provides general information on admission procedures for successful candidates at Kyoto University. The detailed information regarding admission will be provided with the required documents which students will receive in the beginning of March 2019.||TBA|